Our Local Development work includes:
- Community Engagement Work to identify and address problems identified by local groups, people and other organisations with a focus on areas that we know are most affected by social exclusion.
- We carry out Research and Evaluation and gather information about the area. This work helps us in our planning of programmes and activities and also measures their impact. We also offer assistance in this field to community-based groups.
- The Young Community Leaders Programme is a leadership training programme for young people aged between 16 and 25. It encourages young people to become the future leaders of their communities in the Northside Partnership area.
- The Northside Community Forum brings together over 50 community-based organisations. The Forum organises frequent meetings where information and learning is shared. The meetings are a space for discussion on issues affecting community-based organisations and people in local communities. The Northside Community Forum elects Community Directors to the Board of the Northside Partnership. Northside Partnership provides the secretarial support for the Forum members and its Steering Committee.
- We continue developing a Healthy Community Agenda for a pilot area in collaboration with community organisations, the Health Service Executive and Dublin City Council.