Young people who take part in Young Community Leaders will:
- Make new friends, gain new skills, grow in confidence and have fun learning to be an effective leader
- Have opportunities to start their own initiatives or to become involved in the local community in new and interesting ways
- Complete a Foundation Certificate in Youth Leadership and Community Action (FETAC Level 6) conferred by NUI Galway
- Complete Restorative Practice training
- Complete the STEPS motivational programme
The course runs from September to June each year on Monday or Wednesday evenings from 7 - 9pm. There are also five full Saturdays and two weekends over the course of the year. Participants receive a full calendar of dates once they start the programme. The majority of the training takes place in Northside Partnership's Contact Point office in Greendale Shopping Centre, Kilbarrack.