Do you know somebody who:
- Is unemployed?
- Has time on their hands?
- Would be interested in doing a FREE university course?
We are now recruiting for participants for The Communiversity programme which offers adults the chance to do a university level 7 course through their local library - without the need to do exams or projects.
The programme was set up by NUI Maynooth, Northside Partnership and Dublin City Council Library Service to offer adults the chance to try education at this level without the pressures associated with assessments.
How does it work?
The course is held in Coolock Library and lasts for 17 weeks, with classes taking place one morning per week. The course is discussion led which means no projects, no assignments and no exams.
What is the course about?
The course covers four subjects:
- Local History and Genealogy: Know your place - looking at the history of Dublin.
- Politics, Power and People: Who rules who? How political systems work.
- Psychology: A science that improves the world around us.
- The Economy & Us: Is an alternative view of society and the economy possible.
How do I sign up or find out more?
- There will be an information morning and taster workshop on Thursday, 19th January 2017 at 10.00am in Coolock Library that is open to all adults living in the Northside Partnership area.
- You can also call Paul Hayes on 01-8485630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to register.
- Places are limited on this course. Priority will be given to long-term unemployed and groups supported under the Social Inclusion & Community Activation Programme (SICAP).